Saturday, April 27, 2013

WIKI So Far...

My research for the Wiki will revolve around how New Media is used in the Clothing and Entertainment industries. I will focus on how Marketing and Advertising is handled in this new era of Technology. Another that I will look to add to the Wiki page is how Apps can be utilized to help in those two industries. Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) is used extensively in these fields as well. I have been to a number of different entertainment and clothing/sneaker events that have utilized all types of new media to promote their products/businesses.

 

On top of the Marketing/Advertising piece, I have also done research on how new media is used to manage these businesses. Most businesses used traditional software like Microsoft Office, Accounting/Inventory Management software that can be very costly. With the advent of Apps, there are now inexpensive, even free, simple to use versions that can help you manage the basics of your business. You can pay a little more for the Apps and get a better version to handle more complex tasks. I will show how New Media has ushered in simple to use technologies that once required years of training to achieve.

 

I will provide a contents page as well as references for my research.

1 comment: